With swimsuit season over and sweater season underway, it can be easy to forget about your fitness routine as the temperature drops. We know a little motivation goes a long way, and having the right attire can be that extra push to get you going. Check out our top ten workout gear picks to keep you excited this fall.
1. We use this Fly Away Tamer headband from Lululemon every day to keep those pesky flyaway hairs from sticking to our faces during yoga or cycling class!
2. This Tervis water bottle accompanies us to work and every workout. It keeps our water cold for the whole day and is sweat-free, keeping our belongings dry.
3. Music is such an important aspect of our workouts. These in-ear headphones by Bose are our favorite way to listen to tunes while hitting the weights.
4. These spacious and colorful Adidas Duffel Bags carry all of our gear to and from the gym without breaking the bank.
5. Our office is full of yogis—and we love this Lululemon yoga mat! This mat is the perfect size and shape to bring with us wherever we go.
6. The name says it all. The Incredible sports bra by Victoria’s Secret provides maximum support during high-intensity workouts, making it our go-to choice when we’re killing it at kickboxing.
7. Whenever it gets chilly outside, we throw on this ¼ zip pullover from Old Navy for our outdoor workouts.
8. These classic Nike running shorts rock because they don’t ride up during a jog. Their loose fit and variety of colors make for a go-to short for any of our workouts.
9. We love these Wild and Free pants from Lululemon. They keep our legs covered without being too warm during a sweaty spin class thanks to the mesh cutouts.
10. Keep your feet from feeling pain with these comfortable and fashionable Nike Free Running Shoes. They are the perfect kicks for a jog along Lady Bird Lake!
What is your must-have gear when you head to the gym? Let us know in the comments!
Since the ladies of Wellington Group Marketing & PR love all things fitness, we never miss an opportunity to check out a new workout class around town. Our latest review comes from our Marketing & PR Guru Rachel and her totally zen experience at Hyde Park Yoga Company.
I’ve been practicing yoga on and off for about 3 years, so when I first moved to the Hyde Park area and discovered Hyde Park Yoga Company, I literally geeked out. From the moment you walk through the door, all of the day’s worries instantly disappear. The quaint space is ideal for a yoga class and gives off such an incredible vibe – it’s almost as if you’re practicing yoga in your own living room (minus the obnoxious couches and chairs that are always in your way).
I signed up for the Vin-Yin class, which is combination of Vinyasa and Yin Yoga and was seriously “Yogi Heaven,” as their website describes. The first half of the class focuses on practicing a steady sequence of your typical yoga poses that are meant to get your heart rate pounding. The room is warm and you’ll definitely be breaking into a sweat. But as the class goes on, you eventually enter into a deep stretch and meditation sequence that instantly cools your body down. It was a total zen moment and I can’t wait to go back to experience it again.
In addition to the Vin-Yin class, Hyde Park Yoga Company also offers classes that teach Gentle, Hatha Flow, Vinyasa and even Yoga 101 for beginners. My next venture will be the Yoga For Runners class, which includes a group morning run lead by trainers from Team Spiridon followed by special yoga class, specifically designed for runners, that focuses on strength, flexibility and core work. How awesome is that?
To learn more about Hyde Park Yoga Company, visit hydeparkyogaco.com.
At Wellington Group Marketing and PR, we’re always finding new ways to get up, move around and stay active throughout the day, especially in the morning. Starting the day off with yoga will clear your head and prepare you for the day ahead. Check out some of our favorite yoga poses to get you moving in the morning. They are simple and easy to do right in the comfort of your own office!
Top left to bottom right: Downward Dog, Chest Expansion, Triangle Pose, Warrior I, Twister Chair Pose, Half Twist, Revolved Lunge Pose, Standing Side Stretch, Upward Facing Dog