It’s officially 2017- oh how time flies! Every year, we make a list of our New Years resolutions, yet by March they seem to get moved to the back burner. That’s why this year, we put together a list of simple and achievable New Year’s resolution goals you can hold yourself accountable to. Let’s make 2017 the best year yet!
1. Get more sleep – at least 7 hours a night.
2. Incorporate 30 minutes of physical exercise into every day.
3. Save a portion of each paycheck to spend on yourself.
4. Eat at least one serving of fruit and vegetables daily.
5. Donate to or volunteer for your favorite cause once a month.
6. Learn something new, whether it’s a language, instrument, sport, or subject.
7. Write down one positive thing about yourself every day.
8. Try 20 minutes of meditation a day to help you enjoy life and living in the present.
9. Give at least one compliment a day.
10. Plan more weekend getaways to new places.
What are you planning on adding to your New Year’s resolutions list for 2017? Let us know in the comments below!
Here in Austin we are already getting a taste of the heat, which means summer is on its way! There is so much to do, from taking a dip in Barton Springs to waiting in line at Sno-Beach for a delicious snow cone. We absolutely love our city, but sometimes it’s fun to explore new territory without breaking the bank. While planning a tropical getaway sounds amazing right about now, there simply isn’t room in our budgets. Here are a few day trips not too far from Austin for you to enjoy during your staycation.
- Fredricksburg – If you’re looking for a mini road-trip then Fredricksburg is the trip for you! Spend your day in the Texas Hill Country enjoying wineries, boutiques and gourmet restaurants. If you’re looking to be even more adventurous, spend half the day exploring Enchanted Rock. We promise you won’t regret it. We don’t know what will take your breath away more, the climb up the pink granite dome, or the view from the top.
- Salado – Salado is a little town just past Georgetown that we promise you’ll love. Known as the best art town in Texas, it’s got tons of quirky little shops and eclectic restaurants to back up that reputation. Take a day to enjoy all that Main Street has to offer.
- San Marcos – When in San Marvelous do as the San Martians do! That means chowing down on ribs at Tap Room before spending an afternoon on the crystal clear waters that run through the beautiful Texas State Once your float is over we recommend hitting the outlets for some great shopping. If shopping’s not your thing you can’t go wrong with a Glass Bottom Boat Tour at the Meadows Center.
- Dripping Springs – Gateway to the Hill Country is their slogan and driving through it you understand why. Hamilton Pool, a spectacular natural grotto, is one of the best swimming holes in the state. We suggest getting there early to beat the wait time. The Westcave Outdoor Discovery Center is another great way to enjoy the beautiful landscape of Dripping Springs. Bring the family for a guided tour of the canyon, just note that tours are only available on the weekend.
- New Braunfels –Ah, New Braunfels, home of Schlitterbahn, the country’s number one waterpark. There’s something for everyone on this 65-acre waterpark. If you’re tired of the water you can explore the largest caverns in Texas at Natural Bridge Caverns or go on a safari at Natural Bridge Wildlife Ranch. Before you head back to Austin make sure to eat your weight in German food at Oma’s Haus.
Did your favorite staycation spot not make it on our list? Leave us a comment below!