It’s officially 2017- oh how time flies! Every year, we make a list of our New Years resolutions, yet by March they seem to get moved to the back burner. That’s why this year, we put together a list of simple and achievable New Year’s resolution goals you can hold yourself accountable to. Let’s make 2017 the best year yet!
1. Get more sleep – at least 7 hours a night.
2. Incorporate 30 minutes of physical exercise into every day.
3. Save a portion of each paycheck to spend on yourself.
4. Eat at least one serving of fruit and vegetables daily.
5. Donate to or volunteer for your favorite cause once a month.
6. Learn something new, whether it’s a language, instrument, sport, or subject.
7. Write down one positive thing about yourself every day.
8. Try 20 minutes of meditation a day to help you enjoy life and living in the present.
9. Give at least one compliment a day.
10. Plan more weekend getaways to new places.
What are you planning on adding to your New Year’s resolutions list for 2017? Let us know in the comments below!
The Wellington Group Marketing & PR team is comprised of Type A” creatures of habit. If you look inside our planners and digital calendars, you’ll find a detailed layout of our day – color-coded, naturally. The way you start your day sets the tone for the rest of the day, and in our office, that’s imperative to success. Below are some tips on how to set up a morning routine that’ll leave you feeling refreshed, organized and ready to tackle anything thrown your way.
Crank The Tunes
It’s really hard to stay in bed and oversleep when you have your favorite upbeat song enticing you to start your day. Better yet, set a great song as your alarm! It’s hard to start your day off rocky when you’re being serenaded.
Set aside a few minutes to have to yourself. Maybe it’s just a minute to make a hot cup of tea or maybe it’s a full yoga session. Whatever it is, make sure you have some time to yourself to ease into the hustle and bustle of the day.
Sweat It Out
Having an early morning sweat sesh is the perfect way to get your mind and body ready for a productive day. Not to mention, starting the day out with a crossed off item on the to-do list will give you a euphoric sensation that’ll make the rest of the list seem less intimidating.
Nutritious & Delicious
We can’t stress the importance of starting the day off with a hearty and healthy breakfast enough. While this may sound daunting to some, your breakfast doesn’t have to be difficult! We are an office of super simple smoothie lovers. There’s something about a fresh green smoothie that really helps you power through your day. Throw your favorite fruit, a leafy green, protein powder and juice or almond milk into a blender and voila!
How do you start your day off? Tell us all about it in the comments below.
Blogs have the ability to inspire us and open our eyes to new and exciting things. From food to ideas, places and adventures, blogs allow us to experience and see the world from points of view we may not experience by ourselves. We wanted to share with you a few of our favorite Austin bloggers. With their vastly different personalities and content, these ladies inspire, enlighten andour love for Austin run a little
- A Taste of KokoThis beautiful, scrumptious blog by Jane Ko, (more commonly known as Koko) will have you drooling in a matter of seconds. Through gorgeous, mouthwatering photography, A Taste of Koko will introduce you to the greatest finds in Austin cuisine and hot weekend getaways. This is our go-to blog for finding new restaurants to try and very important need-to-know topics – like the 25 most Instagram-worthy restaurants in Austin. When she’s not blogging, she’s a professional social media and community manager and hosts the largest food crawl in Austin during SXSW with over 20,000 participants. She’s also a pleasure to work with – check out her beautiful photography from a recent event we hosted for one of our favorite client’s, True Food Kitchen.
- Camille Styles“A healthy life. Well styled.” Camille Styles’ blog is the go-to place for recipes, health and fitness, as well as style and beauty. Through uplifting articles, tutorials, and beautiful photography – this blog aims to inspire clean living, healthy choices and happy, beautiful lives. We have the privilege of working with Camille and most definitely take her advice to heart. Our favorite part of the blog? Camille’s Kitchen where you can find innovative and delicious recipes like Chicken Tequila Taquitos and Mexican Street Corn Salad.
- Love and LemonsOh man, do we love Love and Lemons! Husband and wife duo, Jeanine and Jack, enjoy cooking and photographing food that’s “fresh, bright, and often finished with a squeeze of lemon.” Whenever we’re looking to make a healthy and delicious meal we head over to Love and Lemons for inspiration. They just came out with new cookbook “The Love and Lemons Cookbook” and we challenge you to look at it without getting hungry. One of our go-to recipes is the recipe for Sweet Potato Avocado Tacos – yum!
- Addie BroylesNow this awesome lady has got a lot going on- she’s writes about food for the Austin American-Statesman’s popular Relish Austin blog, works with the local food blogging community, maintains her own blog The Feminist Kitchen, and holds a feminist book club and film series every month all while raising two young sons. We go to Relish Austin for everything from advice on what salsa to pick up at the grocery store, an explanation on what “shakshouka” is (say that 5 times fast), to finding out how the hot sauce in Hillary Clinton’s bag has ties to Austin. We recommend joining her next book club meet up and picking up her newest cookbook, “The Austin Food Blogger Alliance Cookbook” for gorgeous, mouthwatering food photos and recipes from local Austin bloggers.
- The Hungry ChroniclesThe Hungry Chronicles blog is every foodie’s fantasy. From stunning photography, to taste bud-tantalizing recipes, The Hungry Chronicles is a feast for all senses. Be warned, if you venture to the “My Hungry Travels” section of the blog you’ll be booking plane tickets before you know it! We suggest checking out the “Hungry Girl Austin” section of the blog before your next girl’s night out on the town.
- Girl Eats WorldWho would have guessed that a gas station indian-chinese fusion restaurant called “Chicken Lollypop” was any good? Girl Eats World is a master of knowing those hidden gems that every Austintine should be familiar with but isn’t? She offers alternatives to local favorites everyone knows about – there are so many good places in Austin that don’t get enough attention. Her honesty and enthusiasm about restaurants is contagious and you can count on her to provide all the details you need.
- The Bikini ExperimentWe love that Lauren of The Bikini Experiment is all about empowering women to be their best selves. She wasn’t at all athletic until she turned 30 and decided to make a huge life change. She is truly an inspiration! We go to Lauren’s blog for her awesome workouts and relatable fitness advice. Our team has made a habit out of doing her best desk stretches!
- Linda WagnerLinda Wagner is the epitome of a healthy lifestyle. She uses her blog to help people everywhere become their best, happiest and most confident selves. She hates words like “diet,” “calorie restriction,” and “excessive exercise.” She wants people to know it’s all about living a healthy lifestyle, radiating confidence, being inspired and feeling happy. Her blog features a myriad of delicious, healthy recipes- and our favorite, desserts! Try The Coconut Vanilla Chia Superfood pudding – you won’t regret it!
- spinsyddyOur love for fitness is fierce – and thanks to ClassPass we try to get our sweat on at every new studio and class in town. That’s why we were so excited to find Sydney of spinsyddy’s blog. Sydney goes to hundreds of gyms and classes all over Austin and gives in-depth reviews of them- making all of our lives easier. For those wanting to get in a good workout without spending big bucks, Sydney’s website has an exhaustive list of free workouts around Austin. Plus, she regularly partners with gyms to provide great deals.
- The Fit ForkJennifer of The Fit Fork is a true wellness guru. An award-winning recipe developer, competitive runner and CrossFit enthusiast, Jennifer does it all. The Fit Fork is a one-stop-shop for all things fitness and nutrition. Check out the Workouts page for an awesome workout and then whip up one of the guilt-free recipes that are abundant on The Fit Fork. We can’t stop making her recipe for Sweet Potato Strings with Blue Cheese – yum!
It’s finally cooling down outside and we are chomping at the bit to take our daily workouts outside. With upbeat songs from pop stars like Hailee Steinfeld and Grace Potter, you won’t be able to stay stationary for long. Download this month’s playlist, lace-up your sneakers and let’s get moving!