From beautiful scenery to amazing food and live music, living in Austin has many perks. The list could go on and on, but some of our favorite things about our city are the nonprofits that ensure our neighbors in need are being helped and feeling loved. Without these organizations, Austin wouldn’t be such a wonderful place to call home, and for that we are truly thankful!
- Ronald McDonald House: While children receive medical treatment, Austin’s Ronald McDonald House provides families a place to sleep, eat and relax.
- Bake A Wish: This local nonprofit delivers free birthday cakes to neglected, abused and abandoned children. We absolutely adore this cause because everyone deserves a sweet treat on their special day!
- WeViva: Devoted to bringing healthy lifestyles to women in low-income communities, WeViva provides accessible and affordable fitness and nutrition programs. Keep rockin’ it, ladies.
- Austin Pets Alive!: APA! provides resources, education and programs needed to eliminate the killing of Austin’s precious animals and find them a home. We’ll raise our paws to that.
- Capital Area Food Bank: Known as the largest hunger-relief charity in Central Texas, The Capital Area Food Bank works to provide those in need with groceries while leading the community in the fight to end hunger.