It’s the most wonderful tiiiiiiiiiime of the year…
You guessed it – we’re talking about ACL weekend. From hearing amazing bands to munching on local cuisine, ACL is one of those quintessential ‘Austin’ experiences that, no matter how many times we go, we find ourselves looking forward to each year. However, attending such an event requires some serious advanced planning. So, to make your experience as smooth as possible, the ladies of Wellington Group Marketing & PR have compiled our list of top ACL tips. Give it a read before Weekend Two and roll into Zilker like a pro!
- First things first, register your wristband. You can’t get into the festival without doing so!
- Bring sunscreen and sunglasses. Trust us, you’ll need them.
- While you’re at it, pack some durable water bottles to fill up while at Zilker Park. Long hours under the Texas sun lead to some serious thirst. Let’s pray for cooler weather!
- Download the ACL app for a park map, schedule info and real-time updates.
- Have a backup plan. Cell phone service can be spotty at ACL, so be sure to plan accordingly in the event that you get separated from friends.
- Texas weather can change at the drop of a hat. To accommodate for cooler evening shows and any unexpected daytime shifts in temperature, bring along a scarf and light jacket.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes. Can’t emphasize this enough. We love Vans, Toms or comfy sandals.
- Eat at off-times throughout the day when the food lines are shorter. We highly recommend the yummy grain burgers from our friends at Hot Dang.
- For parents bringing young kids, plan on packing the essentials (diapers, wipes, bottles, etc.) as well as toys or games in the event that your child gets bored (you never know!).
- Research the music lineup and listen to artists you haven’t heard of before the festival. Who knows, you may just discover the next big thing!
- Look stylish by wearing a cute fedora or cap. You’ll quickly realize that people put a lot of effort into their ACL looks!
- Bring a smaller, easily accessible purse or bag to store things like keys and money.
- Last, but certainly not least, have fun!
Got any tips to add to our list? Leave us a comment below.