Whether you’re an international tech industry giant like Apple or a local Austin hotspot like Lick Ice Creams, creating an authentic set of core values is key to helping define and shape your company’s culture. Not only do they guide what you hire and fire by, but the core values you set into place will ultimately define how others view and interact with your brand.
To help you get inspired, here’s a look at how our team works together to carry out our own set of core values:
- Team-Focused and Team-Driven. Each team member has his or her own skill set and role at Wellington Group, so it’s crucial that we collaborate in order to achieve our goals and carry out our company vision. Whether it’s revising each other’s work or coming together to develop a client strategy, we focus on finding success together. Additionally, what sets us apart is that we truly become a part of our client’s team. We treat their companies like they are our own. This collaborative spirit allows us to have a great time and achieve positive results together.
- Laugh Hard, Work Hard. Have you ever heard the phrase “laughter is the best medicine?” This is a concept we know well at Wellington Group! We believe that productivity increases through a healthy dose of laughter, and we continuously aim to bring this attitude out with our clients and our work.
- Wow Through Service. We could not effectively craft bright ideas for our clients’ businesses without providing them with a “wow” factor on every project. We’re excited about helping each and every one of our clients grow, and we communicate this through impeccable and innovative solutions.
- Active Community Outreach. At Wellington Group, we keep community outreach at the forefront and encourage our customers to do the same. Our founder and CEO, Dawn Wellington Psaromatis, continues to work with PR and marketing students in the area through speaking engagements and mentorship opportunities. We additionally take on pro-bono work for the Cancer Support Community of Central Texas and the Hendrick Home for Children, among others, and volunteer at a local nursing home in the Austin area.
- Yes, and… Attitude. This is our most cherished core value. We don’t just stop at the finish line – we keep on running! At Wellington Group, we believe in going above and beyond for our clients at all times. We have played therapist, caterer, videographer and more. “No” is not in our vocabulary.
Our core values are at the heart of our company. We always have and will continue to integrate our core values into our relationships with our clients and one another. And so should you!
Feeling inspired? Visit Far West Capital’s recent blog post on core values for more details on how to create your own!
What core values would you hire and fire by?