It’s the season of love in the ATX. Tired of going on dates to a restaurant or the movie theater? In a city like Austin, the possibilities are endless! Try these fun date ideas with your main squeeze.
- BYOB mini golf at Peter Pan – grab a six-pack and relive your childhood days with 18 nostalgic, themed holes. Nothing more romantic than a little healthy competition!
- Two Stepping at Broken Spoke – put on your cowboy boots for an unforgettable night of country dancing at this historic honky-tonk dive.
- Catch a flick at Blue Starlite Drive-in – time travel back to the 1950’s at this old-time drive-in that shows classics. On Valentine’s night, they’re showing The Princess Bride, Casablanca and the Bride of Frankenstein!
- Karaoke at Hi Tunes – belt out your favorite songs together and laugh at how bad you both sound, — is there a better ice breaker?.
- Picnic at Mount Bonnell – if you’re looking to up your romance game, take a short climb to the top of the “mountain” to enjoy marvelous views and a DIY picnic.
- Paddle Boarding on Lady Bird Lake – get a nice workout, cool off in the water and enjoy the beautiful view of Austin right on the lake. Bonus points if you knock your significant other off their board.
- Enjoy a Comedy Sketch – with places like Hideout Theatre, Velveeta Room, Coldtown, Esther’s Follies and Cap City Comedy Club, you’ve got some great places to choose from.
- Swimming and sightseeing at Hamilton Pool – once the Texas heat comes back, Hamilton Pool is the perfect place to take a dip while taking pics that look like they belong on a postcard.
- iFLY Indoor Skydiving – experience the thrill of skydiving without jumping out of a plane at the indoor skydiving facility located in North Austin. This one is for thrill seekers!
- Game Night at The Goodnight – enjoy an adults-only gaming spot that will bring you back to your childhood days with bowling, billiards and more games. Plus, there’s a full bar and patio!
What are some of your favorite date spots in Austin? Let us know in the comments below!
With swimsuit season over and sweater season underway, it can be easy to forget about your fitness routine as the temperature drops. We know a little motivation goes a long way, and having the right attire can be that extra push to get you going. Check out our top ten workout gear picks to keep you excited this fall.
1. We use this Fly Away Tamer headband from Lululemon every day to keep those pesky flyaway hairs from sticking to our faces during yoga or cycling class!
2. This Tervis water bottle accompanies us to work and every workout. It keeps our water cold for the whole day and is sweat-free, keeping our belongings dry.
3. Music is such an important aspect of our workouts. These in-ear headphones by Bose are our favorite way to listen to tunes while hitting the weights.
4. These spacious and colorful Adidas Duffel Bags carry all of our gear to and from the gym without breaking the bank.
5. Our office is full of yogis—and we love this Lululemon yoga mat! This mat is the perfect size and shape to bring with us wherever we go.
6. The name says it all. The Incredible sports bra by Victoria’s Secret provides maximum support during high-intensity workouts, making it our go-to choice when we’re killing it at kickboxing.
7. Whenever it gets chilly outside, we throw on this ¼ zip pullover from Old Navy for our outdoor workouts.
8. These classic Nike running shorts rock because they don’t ride up during a jog. Their loose fit and variety of colors make for a go-to short for any of our workouts.
9. We love these Wild and Free pants from Lululemon. They keep our legs covered without being too warm during a sweaty spin class thanks to the mesh cutouts.
10. Keep your feet from feeling pain with these comfortable and fashionable Nike Free Running Shoes. They are the perfect kicks for a jog along Lady Bird Lake!
What is your must-have gear when you head to the gym? Let us know in the comments!
Ah, February, the month of love. We are making sure we show our bodies some extra love this month by being active and nourishing ourselves with nutritious food. Also, by treating ourselves to Valentine’s Day chocolate, for our sanity. This month’s playlist is guaranteed to get you excited for your next workout. Give it a listen on Spotify.
New Year – new you! Check out our latest monthly playlist to get you pumped and on your way to a healthy, and happy, 2016. Give it a listen on Spotify:
The sun is going down earlier and earlier, which means we need a little extra “umph” to push ourselves during our evening workouts. This month’s playlist is just the motivation we need! With upbeat songs from Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez and Ellie Goulding, we can’t lace our sneakers up fast enough. Download this month’s playlist and let’s get moving!
This month we are throwing it back with a little Michael Jackson, Britney Spears and Backstreet Boys. So go ahead and crank it up loud and pick up the pace because there’s no way you’ll get a less than awesome workout when you’ve got P.Y.T. to groove to. Give it a listen on Spotify:
A new month means a new playlist! We know that the WGPR August Playlist is just the little extra push to get you up and moving. Let’s be honest – Walk the Moon, Ed Sheeran and War are guaranteed to put a little pep in your step. Give it a listen on Spotify:
We are going to need a little extra motivation to get up and get moving after the delicious July 4th food that we’ve got planned. Songs from LeAnn Rimes, Shakira and Justin Timberlake will keep you going strong until the end. Remember, you’ve got this! Give it a listen on Spotify:
The sun is out and we are ready to kick our workouts into gear! Songs from Zac Brown Band, Jack White and Shania Twain will keep you pushing through your workout. Remember, you’ve got this! Give it a listen on Spotify:
Looking for a little extra push to get you through those tough workouts? There’s no way you won’t get pumped with Imagine Dragons flowing through your earbuds, and forget about quitting when the Game of Thrones theme song comes on. Remember, you’ve got this! Give it a listen on Spotify:
The sun is shining, the birds are chirping and we are excited to take our workouts outdoors! With songs by Maroon 5, Ellie Goulding and yes, even the House Of Cards soundtrack, our April playlist is guaranteed to put some pep in your step! Give it a listen on Spotify:
Spring is right around the corner and we can’t wait to hit the trails! If you’re an Austinite, you may know from experience that there is nothing quite as rejuvenating as a spring hike. From beautiful overlooks to challenging hiking trails, Austin’s got it all. We can’t wait to shake off the cold and get out and active on one of Austin’s many beautiful trails.
Riverplace Natural Trail – With lots of stairs that call for rigorous climbs, this trail is a bit challenging! You can enjoy the sounds of tricking water and beautiful hill country views while you catch your breath.
St. Edwards Park – Looking for a quick hike? This is the trail for you! We recommend this trail for those of you with kids because it’s not too challenging but still offers beautiful sights.
McKinney Falls State Park – We love this trail because of the beautiful river it features. Great for all skill levels, this hiking trail is exactly where you want to be a on a beautiful day.
Sculpture Falls Hike at Barton Creek – It’s called Sculpture Falls because it features a waterfall (woo woo!). If that’s not as cool to you as it is to us, then maybe the fact that you can bring your dog along will get you excited.
Mount Bonnell – Greeted by a long staircase, this overlook is worth the climb. Although it does offer a short trail, this spot is more of a tourist destination than hiking trail, but this doesn’t mean it’s overrated though! Take the trek right before sunset for a breathtaking view.
Do you have any other exciting trails to add to the list? Leave us a comment below.
Shorts season is just around the corner and has us squeezing in a few extra workouts! With songs by Missy Elliott, Kanye West and, of course, Beyoncé, our February playlist is guaranteed to get you movin’. Give it a listen on Spotify:
Since the ladies of Wellington Group Marketing & PR love all things fitness, we never miss an opportunity to check out a new workout class around town. Our latest review comes from our Marketing & PR Guru Rachel and her totally zen experience at Hyde Park Yoga Company.
I’ve been practicing yoga on and off for about 3 years, so when I first moved to the Hyde Park area and discovered Hyde Park Yoga Company, I literally geeked out. From the moment you walk through the door, all of the day’s worries instantly disappear. The quaint space is ideal for a yoga class and gives off such an incredible vibe – it’s almost as if you’re practicing yoga in your own living room (minus the obnoxious couches and chairs that are always in your way).
I signed up for the Vin-Yin class, which is combination of Vinyasa and Yin Yoga and was seriously “Yogi Heaven,” as their website describes. The first half of the class focuses on practicing a steady sequence of your typical yoga poses that are meant to get your heart rate pounding. The room is warm and you’ll definitely be breaking into a sweat. But as the class goes on, you eventually enter into a deep stretch and meditation sequence that instantly cools your body down. It was a total zen moment and I can’t wait to go back to experience it again.
In addition to the Vin-Yin class, Hyde Park Yoga Company also offers classes that teach Gentle, Hatha Flow, Vinyasa and even Yoga 101 for beginners. My next venture will be the Yoga For Runners class, which includes a group morning run lead by trainers from Team Spiridon followed by special yoga class, specifically designed for runners, that focuses on strength, flexibility and core work. How awesome is that?
To learn more about Hyde Park Yoga Company, visit hydeparkyogaco.com.
If you’re a mommy-to-be who loves being active but needs help finding affordable maternity wear, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve got two hot mamas here at Wellington Group Marketing & PR who not only have precious kiddos, but also had such cute (and comfy) maternity clothes during their pregnancies. Check out their list of the best breathable, comfortable and supportive workout gear that both you and your baby will love!
- Mini Cradle Adjustable Band from Target
- Moving Comfort Sports Bra
- Maternity Old Navy Active Mock-Neck Tops
- Fit2Bmom’s Cool Down Tank
- Supersoft Leggings from The Gap
Got any more to add to the list? Leave us a comment and let us know!