Seeking talented, passionate, ambitious and dependable interns looking to gain hands-on experience in marketing, PR and communications. Must be awesome.
Our summer internship positions have been filled for the Austin office – we are currently only accepting applications for Fall 2017. Summer and fall internships are still available for our Houston office.
Wellington Group Marketing & PR hires incredible college students as interns in the spring, summer and fall semesters. Our interns are valuable members of the team. We focus on giving them experiences to help them grow and excel with the opportunity for them to become an integral part of the agency’s future. Our interns are immersed in the day-to-day activities and learn about entrepreneurship, marketing, PR, digital experience, social media and event planning. We love interns with a “yes, and…” attitude and an appetite to produce amazing work.
Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting Wellington Group and client blog posts, press releases, newsletters, contributed articles and other materials
- Compiling media lists, creating comprehensive media coverage reports, and assisting in press portfolio maintenance for our clients
- Assisting account leads with digital marketing and social media engagement strategy and implementation
- Attending and participating in client meetings with account leads
- Conducting extensive market research for Wellington Group and its clients
- Managing administrative work, such as: answering phones, filing, ordering office supplies, and other tasks as needed
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and possess outstanding follow-through skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Problem solving aptitude with a drive to get things done
- Able to laugh hard and work hard
- Has a “yes, and…” attitude (#1 rule in improv comedy – look it up, if you don’t know the rule)
- Commitment of a minimum 12 hours per week
Who Should Apply
College students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related communications field in Austin, Texas and/or the surrounding area
Email your resume including a cover letter describing your alignment with the job mission along with your availability and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the semester and location you are applying for.