Wellington Group Marketing & PR is seeking to expand its team of superstars. We are looking for candidates that have a “yes, and…” attitude, are team-focused and team-driven, and want to wow our customers through their talents and services. If that’s you, let’s talk.
Summary: Seeking talented, passionate, ambitious and dependable interns looking to gain hands-on experience in digital marketing activities such as pay-per-click, search engine optimization, and social marketing & care. Must be awesome.
Role: Wellington Group Marketing & PR hires incredible college students as interns in the spring, summer and fall semesters. Our interns are valuable members of the team. We focus on giving them experiences to help them grow and excel with the opportunity for them to become an integral part of the agency’s future. Our interns are immersed in the day-to-day activities and learn about entrepreneurship, marketing, PR, digital experience, social media and event planning. We love interns with a “yes, and…” attitude and an appetite to produce amazing work.
Activities: Interns will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, including but not limited to:
- Drafting Wellington Group and client blog posts, emails, social media posts, pay per click ads, and other materials
- Assisting account leads with digital marketing and social media engagement strategy and implementation
- Assisting in the definition and guidance for client’s online customer experience and brand story
- Assisting with execution of pay per click and search engine optimization activities
- Attending and participating in client meetings with account leads
- Conducting extensive market research for Wellington Group and its clients
- Managing administrative work, such as: answering phones, filing, ordering office supplies, and other tasks as needed
- Knowledge and proficient use of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly detail-oriented and possess outstanding follow-through skills
- Self-starter with a strong sense of urgency
- Problem solving aptitude with a drive to get things done
- Able to laugh hard and work hard
- Has a “yes, and…” attitude (#1 rule in improv comedy – look it up, if you don’t know the rule)
- Commitment of a minimum 12 hours per week
Who Should Apply?
- College students pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Communications/Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field in Houston, Austin, Texas and/or the surrounding areas.
Email your resume including a cover letter describing your alignment with the job mission along with your work samples to email@example.com with subject: Digital Marketing Intern Position.